14 days ago by Charles Zhu
- Growth use cases:
- Enigma descriptions: Enigma Descriptions consist of human-readable descriptions of the industry the business operates in and a level of granularity typically beyond the NAICS 6-digit classification.
- Industries: Alongside the creation of Enigma Descriptions, more than 55% of all operating businesses now have a 6-digit NAICS code as of November, up dfrom 37% in July.
- Operating status: Both new businesses and refreshing existing businesses's operating status have been updated, with an automated pipeline to refresh businesses every ~6 months. In November, we removed ~2M closed businesses and added about 3M newly identified operating businesses, and increased the precision of operating businesses from 70 to 80%.
- KYB use cases
- High risk activities: As part of the KYB launch in October, KYB customers will be able to see high risk activities like cannabis, tobacco and vaping, gambling and sports betting, crypto.
- KYB endpoint: As part of the KYB launch in October, we created a dedicated KYB endpoint that enables matching and retrieval of key attributes with one query.
- Improved registration filings: KYB customers can now retrieve many more corporate registrations and state records. During testing, registration fill rate on the new KYB endpoint compared to the old increased ~1.7x, from 40% to 70%.
- OFAC screening: KYB customers can screen inputted Ultimate Beneficial Owners (UBOs) as well as any people retrieved from registration filings against the OFAC sanctions lists.
- Entity resolution and data asset
- Third party services removal: The HQs of third party platforms (e.g. Doordash) have been removed as operating location addresses for individual businesses.
- Mailing address linking: We have fixed a bug in which many distinct operating locations that share a mailing address on a corporate registration record are incorrectly linked together.
- Projection factors: We have corrected for geographic, card type, industry, income, and size of purchases bias in our panel every individual business location.
- Brands model and heuristics v0: We have a new entity resolution model for the Businesses/Brands data asset - while previously, Businesses/Brands relied only on a common URL to group different locations together, the new model takes names, addresses, websites, and all firmographic information into account.
7 months ago by Charles Zhu
- Changes since 3/15/2023
- Technologies - Payments Stack: Customers will be able to see which merchants are using certain payment facilitators or gateways, starting with Square, Clover, Toast, Stripe, Shopify, Paypal, Adyen, and Braintree.
- Operating status - Customers will be able to use a new attribute flagging businesses we believe have a high likelihood of operating, defined as actively transacting with customers, including non-card accepting businesses. Note we are still working on businesses that are likely to be closed. Note that different confidence value should be used depending on the industry.
- Pure ecommerce prototype - A prototype expanding on the ecommerce attributes that can denote pure ecommerce companies, i.e. companies likely to sell only online / companies that do not have any retail storefront. Only available on batch appends and list deliveries as a prototype.
- Triggers, including seasonality v1 - We can create triggered business lists based on recent events in that business’s lifecycle:
- About to enter a seasonal peak in revenues, including if the recent three months are unrepresentative of average monthly revenue
- About to enter a seasonal low in revenues
- Recently incorporated
- Crossed a key revenue threshold
- Anniversary of incorporation
- Crossed a key growth threshold for the first time
- Lookalike leads, lead scoring, delinquency prediction, fraud prediction: Enigma has internal capabilities to kickstart lead scores and lookalike populations if given us outcomes data. We can prescribe simple heuristics with our data to maximize their outcomes.
- Contacts: Customers will get contact information for specific decision makers at the businesses in the sales and marketing lists they get from Enigma. We estimate we cover ~35% of all businesses and our email provider is fully compliant with GDPR/CCPA regulations.
- Revenue accuracy improvements: Customers will be able to receive more accurate revenue for certain segments of businesses.
9 months ago by Charles Zhu
- Changes since 1/27/2022
- Customers can now receive the status of a corporate registration filing (i.e. active, inactive). This is added to both the new corporate_registrations attribute, and the soon-to-be-legacy corporate_registrations_details attribute.
- Customers will now be able to identify whether a business accepts debit card, credit cards or both so that they can convert debit-only companies to card acceptance.
- Customers will be able to see which businesses have the presence of an online store and checkout functionality to target for services.
- For file deliveries and batch appends only, customers can receive the total business location count associated with a business. This can be used to determine the size of various businesses, if card revenue data is not available.
10 months ago by Charles Zhu
- Changes since 12/31/2022
- More new businesses from automating website enrichment
- Customers will see: More revenue resolved, more accurate revenue, new merchants
- Additionally, any new online-only businesses with card transactions will now automatically be part of the production workflow.
- More associated people
- Customers will now see almost all new associated people titles, leading to 1) better match rates with people and 2) understand additional people associated with a business (~1.5x increase in attribute fill rate)
- All business locations now belong to a business
- Customers will be able to query just the Businesses asset to maximize their match rate, since every location now belongs to a business.
about 1 year ago by Andrew Campbell
- Business profiles now aggregate all known physical and online channel revenue for that business.
- A single search returns both businesses and business locations.
- Profiles visually represent the hierarchy between one business and its business locations.
- Web application returns results when searching only with URL.
- Transaction stability is visualized for all entities with merchant transactions data present.
- Average ticket size is shown for businesses and business locations with merchant transactions data present.
- Business profiles show a table of all addresses and known revenues for associated business locations.
about 1 year ago by Andrew Campbell
- New API and data delivery functionality to search businesses by URL
- Millions of business profiles are now enriched with URL
- Business locations related by URL are now mapped to business profiles
- Revenue from online + business location(s) profiles are now attributed to the correct business profile
over 1 year ago by Andrew Campbell
- Previous attribute 'industry_beta' is deprecated
- New industry attribute ‘industries’ is released, with improvements on granularity and precision
over 2 years ago by Erika Scoby
Four attributes were removed:
1. Firearms Licenses
2. OSHA Violations
3. Government Contracts
about 3 years ago by Eytan Schindelhaim
- Additional functionality on Quick Start tool in the Enigma Console
- Console onboarding experience for new users
- Entity resolution improvements
about 3 years ago by Eytan Schindelhaim
- Operating status / business closures methodology refined
- New data exploration tools on Enigma.com